Friday 12 December 2008

Overlapping with Children's books

I found these in a book about children's picture books but I think that they can also apply to artist books as there seems to be quite an art to them!
This first one is like a little stage that you set up in layers and then the viewer has a little hole to look through at the scene...
This second one is a block book where you can change the order the images are opened at (I think!?)...
This third one I like, you swivel the circle around and it reveals another image underneath.  It could be something that you build up further and have a whole book of images underneath one another.

2 comments:

Chiu said...

hi Charls! I think I have that third book in my office, or of a similar Victorian reproduction one, The first one is called a tunnel book which if you google you can find more info about

Charlotte Vallance said...

Thanks!